Welcome to my new promo group called, Classy-Vogue!
Do you want to gain a lot of followers? well then get to reblogging!
This is a promo group for fashion blogs :)
i will select 6 blogs to be in the group at some point this week.
You at least have to have over 20 followers!
if you’re in the group, we’ll be sure to:
- PROMO EACHOTHER
- Become friends :)
- Help eachother with advice!
- Give eachother tips
- Self promo in eachother’s asks ALL THE TIME
- Reblog each others posts
being in a promo group WILL gain you a ton of followers!!!
all you have to do is follow me
and reblog this as many times as you want. (reblogging more than once will increase your chances in being in the group!)
GO GO GO
John Galliano - Spring/Summer 2010.
About John Galliano:
- 1960 John Galliano was born in Gibralter.
- 1966 He moves to London.
- 1984 John Galliano establishes his own label.
- 1994 John Galliano is named British Designer of the Year.
- 1995 John Galliano is named British Designer of the Year for the second year running.
- 1996 John Galliano becomes the first British designer to be appointed creative director of a Parisian Couture house - Givenchy.
- 1997 Galliano is appointed creative director for Christian Dior. He is named British Designer of the Year, along with Alexander McQueen.
- 2007 John Galliano produces six couture and ready-to-wear collections a year and a mid-season range under his own name.
Yves Saint Laurent - Evening Dress Spring/Summer 1958.
Yves Saint Laurent - Evening Gown Autumn/Winter 1970.
Yves Saint Laurent - Le Smoking Collection 1966.
Yves Saint Laurent - Cocktail Dress Spring/Summer 1992.
Yves Saint Laurent - Mondrian Day Dress Autumn 1965.
Yves Saint Laurent - Back-tie Dress 1979.
A History of Yves Saint Laurent:
- 1936 Yves Saint Laurent was born in Oran, Algeria.
- 1954 He wins a dress design competition and is employed by Christian Dior as a design assistant.
- 1955 Yves Saint Laurent is promoted at Christian Dior.
- 1957 Christian Dior dies. Saint Laurent succeeds him as creative director.
- 1958 Saint Laurent presents his first solo collection for Christian Dior. The collection is a success and Saint Laurent is awarded the “Neiman Marcus Oscar” for Fashion.
- 1960 Saint Laurent is drafted to the army. He leaves the Christian Dior couture house.
- 1962 The couture house Yves Saint Laurent opens. It is financed by Pierre Berge.
- 1964 Yves Saint Laurent launches perfume Y.
- 1965 Yves Saint Laurent presents the Mondrian collection.
- 1966 Yves Saint Laurent presents the Smoking Collection. YSL Rive Gauche, the ready-to-wear boutique at 21 Rue de Tournon, Paris opens.
- 1971 Yves Saint Laurent presents the Liberation collection. Saint Laurent poses nude for photographer Jean-Loup Sieff to advertise YSL Pour Homme.
- 1972 Andy Warhol does a series of portraits of Yves Saint Laurent.
- 1976 Yves Saint Laurent’s Opera-Ballet Russes collection is featured on the front page of the New York Times.
- 1977 Yves Saint Laurent launches Opium perfume.
- 1982 Yves Saint Laurent recieves the International Fashion Award of the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- 1983 Diane Vreeland curates “Yves Saint Laurent, 25 Years of Design” at the Metropolitan Museum of New York. It is the largest retrospective ever devoted to a living couturier.
- 1988 Yves Saint Laurent’s jackets inspired by Van Gogh’s sunflowers, become the most expensive couture jackets in the world.
- 1990 Yves Saint Laurent opens as accessories boutique at 32 Rue du Faubourg St Honore Paris.
- 1998 Yves Saint Laurent designs his last collection for his ready-to-wear line Rive Gauche. Alber Elbaz is employed to design ready-to-wear saying. “For me, this isn’t a career move, but the realisation of my lifes dreams.
- 1999 Yves Saint Laurent is purchased by Gucci Group. Saint Laurent designs couture. Tom Ford designs ready-to-wear.
- 2000 Alber Elbaz leaves Yves Saint Laurent.
- 2001 Yves Saint Laurent is awarded the rank of Commandeur of the Legion d’honneur, a high French civilian and military decoration, by President Jacques Chirac.
- 2002 Yves Saint Laurent retires.
- 2004 Tom Ford leaves Yves Saint Laurent.
Jacques Fath - Autumn 1950.
Jacques Fath - Life Magazine 1949.
Jacques Fath - Evening Dress 1948.